Thursday, October 26, 2017

Laughing with the Lord #6



Welcome to Laughing with the Lord #6! 

Sometimes I wonder if my purpose in life is to make God chuckle. I do so many ridiculous things on a regular basis that I’m beginning to feel like a fourth Stooge.

Take this for instance. I was filling the salt shaker, and this is what it looks like when you fill it from the bottom and turned upside down, then forget to put your fingers over the holes—a big ol’ pile of salt. I wondered why it was taking so long to fill that little bluebird shaker.

I once washed a drinking glass with a load of laundry. (Don’t judge me. At least one of you has done that at one time or another. Right? Please? Am I right?) I don’t know how I missed it when I tossed the clothes in the washer, but I sure didn’t miss it when I was transferring those same clothes into the dryer. Took me an hour to gather every last sliver (and I do mean sliver). On the bright side, they were the cleanest, shiniest, and freshest-smelling glass slivers I’ve ever seen.

And this little kitchen accident occurred when I mistook my plastic salt and pepper grinders for glass. I baked a cake while they were sitting on the stove. Looks like something Salvador Dali would create, doesn’t it? 

At least I give God plenty of reasons to chuckle at the silliness of His daughter. And for me, that’s a good enough reason to be silly! 


Until the next time… 

Laughing with the Lord #6

Welcome to Laughing with the Lord #6!  Sometimes I wonder if my purpose in life is to make God chuckle. I do so many ridiculous thi...